HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANCE IDENTITY

Posted by Shaira Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Exactly a year ago on March 10th 2009 is when Dance Identity had it's first class ever. Tuesday 8-9pm 20 students dancing and singing "Bachna Ae Haseeno". From that day DI has come a long way not only in terms of number of students, classes or locations but as a company we are creating "Artists".

The founding vision and principal for DI was to inspire individuals to follow their dream be it dance or anything else. DI uses dance as a medium to achieve that dream. Dancers are taught that dance is not only about steps but rather a means of communication and a way to connect to oneself.
I feel so happy today as I see that vision in the eyes of all my dancers. We have had our set backs and ups and downs just like any other company but in 12 years of my career the one thing I have learnt is that you cannot control what other people say or do. The only thing that is in your control is your attitude and how you react. So DI along with me will always stay focused on our goal and our vision of spreading the message of dance and we hope that you will continue to support us and join us in this journey.
Happy Birthday to US!
Love,
Shaira

1 Responses to HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANCE IDENTITY

  1. Shilpa Says:
  2. Happy Birthday DI!! I remember my first session with DI. The most conspicuous thing I remember is Shaira teaching us a body roll in the Beginner's class! I thought - wait, isn't this supposed to be a more advanced level move? At least that is the impression I had got based on some other classes I had done in the past. Instead of restricting us to "certain" types of moves based on the level, Shaira always gave us something more to try..and that certainly kept things more exciting and very fresh! DI continues to follow this principal... Always an enjoyable experience :)

     

Post a Comment